Who Can Join
Residents In Otero County
Active Board of Regents, School Board Members, and School employees in the following counties:
Lincoln, Catron, Soccoro, Torrance, Guadalupe, DEBaca, Hidalgo, Union, Harding Counties, Otero
Loving School Employees in New Mexico
Anyone who has an immediate family member who is a member of the Loco Credit Union can also join.
How To Join
You will need the following for us to process your account.
- $25.00 deposit
- Drivers License or other ID (passport, permanent resident card, state issued non-driver’s I. D, military ID or military-dependent ID)
- Proof of residency such as a rental/lease agreement, or utility bill
- U. S. Social Security number
- You must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. resident alien
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
Once your request has been submitted we will mail you the originals to sign and have notarized.
Why join Loco Credit Union? Some of our benefits include:
- Free Online Banking
- Bill Pay Service for only $1.00
- We offer lower fees and better rates for CD’s ( Certificate of deposit), rates, and loans
- Credit unions potentially have better deals compared to banks
- We are non-profit and do not have outside investors that could increase profits
- We have higher paying interest on CD’s, IRA’s, and Savings
- We are Federally insured by NCUSIF, credited by the U.S. ( Banks are insured by the FDIC, another government backed agency)
- We educate our members so they can make better financial decisions that are more sound for their personal needs.
How do you know if a Credit union or Bank is best for you? Prioritize your needs; what is most important to your banking needs? Is great customer service a priority? Are easy to use apps or technology more important? Is branch location and convenience higher on your list, or better interest rates? Do some research and see if a Bank or Credit Union is a better fit for you. We always welcome you to give us a call with any questions, or come on in and meet the staff! (575) 437-3110